Saturday, April 5, 2008

My Badly Designed Kitchen



We are living in an apartment which is on the first floor of a 1912 house. I have a bedroom, living room, bathroom, and kitchen. All the necessities, no elbow room. My kitchen is such an aggravation for me because there is literally no counter space. This frustrates me to no end. There is one whole wall which should be covered with cabinets and a counter. But no.
My solution was one of those self assembly island thingies to give us a little more counter space. My wonderful, darling, sweet, thoughtful, loving husband surprised me with one for my birthday and I just LOVE it! I was so surprised and excited...and it provided more storage space, too!! But one wasnt quite enough. So, then my equally loving and thoughtful mom gave me money to buy another one and I just put it together last weekend. I still wish I had more counter space and cabinets, but this is definitely getting me by for now! Thanks Jeremy and mom!! ♥

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hunney... your tiny little kitchen is very cute, and light and bright... which I love!

But, can I suggest something? Can you fit the microwave into that corner book shelf? That would free up the whole top of that island on the one wall to use for cooking/working... I feel ya on not having a lot of counter space, it drives me crazy!

Much luck to you hun. Someday soon you'll be etsy rich, and you'll be able to move into a place with more counter space than you could ever need... but, the more space we have the more we find to use it for huh? Hehee... either way, best of luck, love.

Janell

Jennifer Boston said...

Every day I want to put that microwave in the corner, but the shelves are too narrow. :(