Sunday, April 20, 2008

Becoming More Professional

I have always been rather professional in demeanor due to many, many years of customer service related jobs. This has given me a serious advantage in running my Etsy shops because I have dealt with the nastiest people already in other jobs so I am more equipped to do it with my own business.


However, this isnt about that. This post is about LOOKING more professional. There is only so much you can do to appear more professional in an online store. If I sat here in a business suit every day, it probably wouldnt do much for my shop. Actually, it probably would have a detrimental affect because I would be grumpily tugging at my panty hose and jacket collar all day. YUCK!


When I have sent the items out from my gift shop, I have always known it was important to wrap the packge so that it looks like someone took great care in wrapping it. I started slowly with nothing at first, and then adding custom stickers, business cards, and thank you cards to the package. Then I decided to start using header cards and that really made me feel like a real store! (I felt like the Velveteen Rabbit!)


However, as much of a difference as this all made, I still felt like something wasnt quite right. Then my wonderfully talented husband designed me a new header card and I finally felt like all was right with the world! They are so elegant and clean. I just love them!




Now, the only problem is that I need to change my business card, custom stickers, and thank you cards to match!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, the package I got from you last week, was absolutely stunning hun! Not to worry, you're doing beautifully!!

Amby said...

Wow, that's lovely, very elegant!!!

Anonymous said...

Really gorgeous...

Anonymous said...

Looks great!!!