Saturday, March 29, 2008

I Have Turned to the Dark Side

Or so some say. I opened a shop on Etsy back in September (http://www.jenniferaboston.etsy.com/). It was originally meant to give me an outlet for selling my photography cards. However, once I listed a few pictures I kept seeing things sitting around my desk that I made and saying, "Oh, I could list THIS!" and "Oh! I could put THESE on there,
too!!" Soon I had a ton of things listed in my little shop and the photographs definitely took a back seat to everything else. They're still back there.


























Most recently I opened a second shop for selling supplies (
http://www.thecraftydragonfly.etsy.com/). I had gotten so many inquiries asking about where I found the materials to make my items but I didn't want to reveal my sources. I tried listing the supplies in my main shop, but I didn't like the aesthetic of it. So, shop number two was born. And boy, did that baby grow quickly! In just five short weeks I have sold over 340 items.






















A lot of people say that it's "selling out" or "joining the dark side of Etsy" and they may be right. However, I'm enjoying it so much! I love connecting with people, providing outstanding customer service, and packing up every one's orders. I just love it! Now, if I could only do this full time I would be on top of the world!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hunney, I am so happy for you that you are enjoying the dark side! No really, I am. Because in the end, it's all about what really makes you happy, you know?! I SO wish I could find that 'thing' on etsy. I'm still searching, but I know it's out there...